Dr. Zinal Unadkat Shah
MBBS, DCH, IBCLC
21 Years of Experience
- Pediatrics Lactation
REGISTRATION: MMC 86175
Dr. Zinal Unadkat Shah, an alumna of Seth G.S. Medical College, has accrued an impressive 21 years of experience working with infants. Following her MBBS, she earned her DCH from Nair Hospital.
Throughout her career, she has taken an active role in promoting the importance of breastfeeding and lactation. Having attended and led several state and national workshops, she’s trained countless mothers in the art of breastfeeding. She’s also a breastfeeding counselor for the ISP ART of Parenting program, guiding couples in understanding the holistic needs of their babies from conception onward.
With over a decade of hands-on experience in deliveries and neonatal care, she developed a profound passion for aiding mothers in breastfeeding. In recognition of her expertise, she received certification as a lactation consultant (IBCLC) in July 2009.
In collaboration with international organizations like WHO and UNICEF, she has facilitated workshops under BPNI Maharashtra, aiming to train medical professionals and paraprofessionals to combat India’s malnutrition rates. Dr. [Name]’s consultation services cover a wide range of breastfeeding challenges, from low milk supply to caring for preterm babies and addressing issues faced by working mothers.
Apart from her clinical acumen, she is a compelling speaker who has addressed diverse audiences including expecting couples, students, senior citizens, and members of service organizations like the Lions and Rotary Club. Furthermore, she’s provided lactation training to a wide spectrum of healthcare professionals, from doctors to Anganwadi health workers. Her contributions also extend to conducting the government’s Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) training workshops on Infant and Young Child Nutrition (IYCN).
UPGRADATION OF SKILLS
- PALS Course
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Management In-service Training Course
- NALS Course Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Golden hour emergency GEMS course by INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS .
Dissertation Topic was “Evaluation of SPECT Scan in Resistant Epilepsy
- Multiple awards for recognition in work of lactation
- Distinctions in pathology and Microbiology.
- Gold medal for securing highest marks in pharmacology in 2 MBBS in Mumbai University.
- Stood 1st in Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune in 1st MBBS.
- Interesting Neurological Case presentations IAP-AAP-CME-2000, Mumbai
- Pediatric Radiological Meeting Interesting Case Discussion B.Y.L Nair Hospital 2001, Mumbai.
- Poster présentation “Lennox Gastaut Syndrome. Embicon 2000, 1st prize Mumbai,
Publication Book / Journals:
Lennox Gastaut Sydrome Nov 2003 Vol 56 The Indian Practitioner
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Mumbai Branch
- Member and senior faculty of BREAST FEEDING PROMOTION NETWORK OF INDIA.
- Member of ilca.
- Country representative if IMBCI. International mother baby care initiative. www.imbci.org
- Lactation consultant with birth India.www.birthindia.org