Dr. Geetha Appachu
28 Years of Experience
- Clinical Psychologist
Conducting training programs, workshops and sessions for Personal, and Interpersonal competence ,Leadership skills and other areas of Human dynamics for faculty and students of reputed colleges and schools and Soft skills training for corporate teams. Competent in providing Counseling and Psychological consultancy to corporate personnel, students, clients with diverse psychological health issues; conducting statistical analysis and intrepretation and research management. An accomplished teaching faculty and dedicated scholar with more than 15 years of rich and qualitative experience in mentoring and teaching Psychology to Graduate and Post Graduate students.
Developer and coordinator for a six months (evening mode) Certificate course in guidance and counseling since six years. Expertise in leading the activities of the Department as Head of the Department ;experience of facilitating/coaching students by using interactive discussions and hands-on approaches to help students learn and apply concepts of Psychology.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship, management skills & honed analytical ,problem solving & organizational abilities.
- Clinical Psychologist responsible for counseling, diagnosis and psychological intervention in hospital/ corporate setups.
- Develop holistic intervention modules for clients and provide treatment for psychological cure in special focus groups: Adolescents and Adult
- Counseling, Pre and post marital counseling, Occupational Counseling.
- Conduct research on effects and management of stress.
- Develop and apply measures to assess both stress experienced by individual and the internal and external resources available to cope with the stress.
- Teach stress management skills to students, managers, professionals and other groups in order to identify stressors manage stress and solve problems, enhance social skills necessary to build the social networks.
- Conducting training programs, workshops, seminars, awareness program in various areas of psychological wellbeing to nurses, teachers, and employees of organizations in and around Bangalore and Norway.
- Conducting Cross cultural research with researchers from NTNU, Norway, Canada & Indian studies
- First class ranker at all levels of academic assessments
- PhD in Psychology (Area: Holistic Health Psychology) from University of Mysore in 2002
- Masters in Psychology (Specialization: Clinical Psychology) from University of Mysore in 1990
- Bachelors Degree with Psychology Honours & Distinction from Utkal University in 1988
- Counselors Certification
- NLP Certification
- Cross- Cultural Collaborative research with International Universities.
- Doctoral Research Examiner (International Opponent) for candidate from the department of Psychology, NTNU, Norway.
- Performance indicators of Water User’s Association (WUA) using projection technique : Project Advisor and associate (2007)with Institute For Social and Economic Change, ISEC, Bangalore.
- The Involvement of Mediation in Family Counseling: A Comparative Study Between the Norwegian and Indian system Artha, VOL 4, No2, July- Dec, 2005.
- Old Age Homes: Some Cross cultural differences” Artha, Vol 2,No2, Sept, 2003- Feb2004.
- APECA Conference: Paper Presented at the 14th Biennial Conference Workshop: Multi-Dimensional Counsellor Roles in the 21st Century.
- Third International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications: Paper presented, Dec 1995
- 11th Indian Psychiatry Society Conference, Karnataka Chapter – A Study of Stress in Essential Hypertension
- Health Administrators – Models of Holistic Approach to Health (Co-Author)
- Formulating Courses, Educational Models etc.
- Life Member, Indian Academy Of Applied Psychology
- Life Member, Bangalore Psychology Forum
- Former Member, Editorial Board ARTHA, Journal of Social Science, Christ College, Bangalore.
- Former Chairperson, Board of Studies, Department of Post Graduate Studies in Psychology
- Panel of Examiner, Bangalore University.
Epidural Block, Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment, Minimally Invasive Anterior Approach to the Hip, Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment, Epidural Steroid Injections, Shoulder Cartilage Treatment, Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement, Hip Replacement, Shoulder Replacement, Knee Replacement.